Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Ladybug Ball

Last year I joined pinterest so that I could plan a bridal shower for my cousin...in the course of looking for party ideas, my 5 year old daughter, Ryan, spotted a darling ladybug cake and instantly decided that her sixth birthday party was going to be a ladybug party so that she could have THAT cake!

Ryan is one of those kids (even when she was a baby) who plans an idea out completely in her head, down to every last detail, and then expects that you can duplicate what is in her head through mind reading, anyone else have a kid like that?  Luckily as she has gotten older she is better able to describe what she is thinking, which is usually a very good creative idea!

Well 10 months is a long time for a little girl to wait for her party, but the day finally came!  And since she was the bounciest, danciest, smiliest girl at the party, I think all went as she had planned.

Welcome to the Ladybug Ball!!


The birthday girl with her cake made to her exact specifications :) ...(luckily for me my sister-in-law is an amazing cake maker! Her cakes are always beautiful and delicious!)




My niece is learning to face paint, and volunteered to come paint all of the little girl's faces, they were delighted!


We took pictures with each friend.  I made the ladybug tutus as one of the party favors, because everyone needs something fancy to wear at a ball.


The party girls making ladybug puppets.




Make a wish!!!


Playing "ladybug popcorn" with the parachute, while listening to the "Popcorn" song by Bare Naked Ladies...if you have never listened to any of their children's songs you should!! They are genius! In the parachute are small red loofas (2/$1 at Target) that I turned into lady bugs by sewing on a large black pom-pom.  Their goal was to "pop" the ladybugs out by shaking the chute up and down. There are no words to describe the decible that the squeels of delight reached during this game!


We also played bean bag toss with ladybug bean bags, but I forgot to take pictures of them playing this :(


And what ball would be complete without dancing?!


I made the ladybug goody bags out of canvas and Costco ribbon so that the girls could use them later as a purse...take home goodies included: a ladybug tutu, a baggie of ladybug pretzels, a ladybug bean bag, a ladybug loofa, ladybug puppet, some ladybug bubbles (3/$1 at Target), and ladybug silly putty ($1 at Target)



All of the girls seemed to have so much fun, especially with the dancing and the parachute!  Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. I have a kid like that! Two of them, actually! :-)

    I love, love, LOVE all the ladybugs. How fun and creative. Ladybugs are "my thing" and I can't wait to make ladybug pretzels. I can't believe I have never seen those before.

    Your daughter is a cutie. Looks like her party was worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun party! That cake is adorable! Thanks for stopping by The Gunny Sack. I saw that you had a question about freezing the Pepperoni Rolls but since your email address isn't enabled in Blogger, I couldn't reply via email so I thought I would leave reply this way! :) I've never tried freezing and reheating the Pepperoni Rolls. I've only made them when I have a group of people who will be eating them. Good luck and I would love to hear if they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This ladybug ball looks very nice. My cousin is also getting married at one of the NYC wedding venues and she is fond of ancient stuff so I have decided to host her surprise bridal shower in the ancient style. It will be an indoor house party and I am browsing the internet for finding the best themed decor for this. I am sure that it will turn out to be an awesome evening.

    ReplyDelete