Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Boy and His Dog (Sometimes I need a little help from my friends)

Meet Axel.  A fun loving, 3 year old boy.  He loves to dig, jump, run, swim, eat frosting off of cupcakes, and "nuggle" with his mama each night before bed. (Doesn't he just have the most squishable cute cheeks that make you HAVE to kiss them?!)



Meet Stitch. A loveable pup whom Axel adopted this past summer from Build-A-Bear workshop. Stitch loves to accompany Axel on all of his adventures; in the car, in the back yard, he likes to be dressed up in funny costumes, and wear tennis shoes, and to hide under blankets, and to be drug around on a leash through the dirt for a walk in the "park" in the back yard. (He's a very tolerant dog) And Stitch's most favorite thing to do is to snuggle with Axel at night in their Lightening McQueen bed.




Unfortunately for Stitch, there was an "accident" in bed the other night. Stitch seemed to have absorbed much of it :(

I adore Stitch, but man did he STINK! He was banned from coming with us in the car, and from snuggling on the couch, or being anywhere within my smelling range. Poor Stitch.

I didn't know what to do. His instructions (as with most stuffed animals) said surface wash only with a damp cloth, but obviously that wasn't going to help. I didn't want to just toss him in the wash, because if he got ruined we would have an even bigger problem on our hands.

So, I put word out on Facebook (like any desperate mom would do!). And of course my mommy friends had the answer...a pillowcase in the wash! DUH!! I am pretty sure I already knew that, but I panicked :)

Now, thanks to a pillowcase with a hair-tie at the top, some laundry detergent, and a little ammonia, Stitch is smelling fresh as a petunia!


Axel, Stitch, and my nose thank you Facebook friends!


4 comments:

  1. LOVE!!! Axel does have the most huggable, loveable, squishable, kissable cheeks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha CUTE! Love the pictures!!! Glad Stitch made it out alive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I especially like that all four of Stitch's shoes appear to match. Did he come that way, or did you happen have two pairs of identical shoes in your home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelby, the shoes are from build-a-bear workshop...they have a rediculous number of choices to dress up stuffed friends :)

      Delete